Try something new with this roasted red pepper sauce creation. I’ve combined the bittersweet tomato sauce alternative with the mildly spiced chicken, carrot, and peas color combo to leave your taste buds lingering. This saucy combination drizzles warmly on the ever so beautiful basmati rice. A gluten free dish like this is best served hot!
Time needed: 30-40 minutes
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
450g chicken or turkey meat, diced
2 carrots chopped
2 cups roasted red pepper sauce
1-2 tbs paprika powder
2 tbs vegetable bouillon ( GF)
1 cup water ( more if needed)
pepper & salt ( to taste)
cooked rice ( optional )
1. On medium heat, in a large pot pour the olive oil an allow to heat up for a minute, then add the onion. Allow to sauté until it starts to brown(1-2 minutes).
2. Add the meat and fry for a few minutes, then pour the water in and allow to cook thoroughly for about 10 minutes (adding water if necessary). This will ensure the meat is soft but well cooked.
3. During the 10 minutes add the chopped carrots in and stir.
4. Season with vegetable bouillon, salt and pepper during this time and stir occasionally.
5. When the meat is done ( allow to brown for added flavour) then add the peas. ( If the water has evaporated keep adding a tiny bit more to ensure the ingredients soften). Cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Finally add the red pepper sauce and stir. if the consistency is too thick add water to get desired result.
7. Season additionally with paprika powder ( and salt and pepper if needed). Then taste test.
8. Once you have reached your desired taste, you are ready to serve!
This dish goes great with rice, or if you have made a thinner consistency stew you may enjoy the dish with bread.
Best served hot, Enjoy!