Craving a bowl of some good old asian stir fry? This simple recipe comes with a twist, the secret is cashews. Why? because believe it or not, cashews dance really well in the wok. Throw in some color by adding vegetables in addition to the golden chicken strips you already have in there and you got yourself a festival of dancing gluten, wheat, and dairy free goodness!
Time needed: 20 mins
300-400g chicken ( or turkey steaks), cut into strips
2 cups broccoli, florets
1 large carrot, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup raw cashew nuts
1 tbs vegetable bouillon powder (GF)
salt and pepper (to taste)
1 cup water
3-4 tbs Tamari Soy Sauce (Gluten/wheat free)
1 tbs corn oil
1. In a wok or frying pan pour the oil and allow to sit for 1 minute on medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onion, and sauté until it begins to brown, then place the chicken strips.
3. Pour the water over the chicken, and add the vegetable powder. (this will allow the meat to soften as it cooks). Add a bit of salt and pepper just to season the meat whilst it cooks.
4. After about 5 minutes, add the carrots and broccoli, and allow the ingredients to fry together ( adding water if the wok becomes too dry) . Stirring occasionally.
5. When the meat has cooked (about 10 minutes) allow to brown slightly, adding the cashews and tamari soy sauce. Stir continuously.
6. Season further according to your taste.
Finally serve hot with a side of rice or as part of an assortment of main dishes.
Its better than having to order chinese all the time and its much more healthier as well!