As if its not hard enough to have certain intolerances, the mission to find appropriate meals in stores, restaurants etc can be quite the challenge. I’ve personally had quite a difficult time, so i’ve created some recipes that are easily made, packed and ready to eat.
A simple and satisfying kick of protein. Whether you are at school, work or home this lunch idea will give you the boost you need during the day. This recipe is one of my favourites on a long day out because it doesn’t require reheating! Read on to find out how to make this dish!
Time needed: 20mins
1 cup Quinoa ( white or red, its up to you)
2 cups water
2 cups Salad Leaves ( i used a Peppery Italian Mix, choice is yours)
For the meat:
250g Chicken breast
1/2 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Vegetable Powder ( GF)
1 tbs oil
1. Place the quinoa in a pot with the water. Let it cook, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, cut the chicken into small cubes.
3. In a pan put the oil, and heat on medium fire for a minute. Place the chicken onto the pan
4. Let the chicken fry for 2-3 minutes, then quickly add 1/2 cup water. This will allow the chicken to soften.
5. add the salt, pepper and vegetable powder and stir. Let the chicken cook until all the water evaporates. This should take about 5-10 minutes. ( TIP: when you press the chicken it should begin to break slightly as a sign that the centre is cooked through)
6. Fry for another minute to brown the chicken. Remove from fire.
7.The quinoa should be done by now, if the water is still present drain it. allow to cool slightly.
8. In a bowl or lunchbox place the salad leaves, followed by the quinoa and the chicken. (TIP: this dish can be prepared in advance, and left to cool in which case, allow the 3 layers to cool separately to contain the flavours)
Wishing you have a lovely day full of energy!