Noodles come a long way for me, having tried countless recipes, they could be swimming in a bowl of soup or sizzling around as a spicy stir-fry. However nothing compliments the sweeter side of this versatile staple food than the ever luscious coconut cream sauce. Simple yet vibrant, this healthy dairy free vegan dish will accommodate your appetite perfectly by giving these new soothing gluten free flavours.
Time needed: 15 mins
1 serving Soba noodles ( gluten and wheat free)
1/2 cup coconut milk ( canned )
coconut milk ( drinking , add as needed)
1 tsp salt ( add more according to taste)
1 tsp pepper
4-5 broccoli florets with stems, cut up
2 tbs non-dairy cheese, grated ( optional)
1. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Then place the soba noodles in to cook for 5 minutes. Drain well and rinse once with cold water.
2. Meanwhile boil the broccoli in another pot until slightly softened ( 4-5 minutes)
3. In a sauce pan, pour the canned coconut milk and stir in the salt and pepper.
4. Add drinking coconut milk to adjust the consistency accordingly.
5. Then mix in the broccoli followed by the soba noodles. Stir well.
6. Season further if needed.
Sprinkle some non-dairy cheese when serving.
Serve immediately to retain the fresh flavours.