The sizzling flavours of a fajita dish spices up your appetite with its naturally gluten and dairy free qualities. You can serve this dish in an endless list of variations to suit each and every one of your intolerance needs. The spinach pesto adds a refreshing touch to enrich the overall textures of the ingredients. I was completely swept away by the first bite, and my craving was completely satisfied.
Time needed: 15 mins
You will need:
1/2 green pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 red pepper, sliced into strips ( add more peppers according to taste)
1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
1 lemon, juiced
200g turkey meat, cut into thin strips
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
3 tbs Spinach Pesto Sauce
1. In a frying pan pour the oil and allow to heat for a minute on a medium flame.
2. Put the onion in, and allow to cook until they begin to brown, a few minute.
3. Then place the meat slices followed by the water. Let it cook for 5 minutes during this time add the vegetable bouillon.
4. Add The peppers, lemon juice and seasoning ( salt/pepper).
5. Now, the water should have evaporated if you feel the meat isnt cooked yet add more water and allow it to cook for a bit longer.
6. Stir the ingredients and allow to fry for another few minutes. Do this until the peppers are to your desired texture and the meat begins to brown.
7. Finally add the pesto sauce and stir well.
Serve hot over a bed of rice, or in a tortilla wrap as you wish!