A recent discovery, kelp noodles have come to me with a shock. These antioxidant rich, low starch, low calorie noodles derived from seaweed are my new favourite. Naturally gluten and wheat free they bring you a crunchy texture thats perfect for a make-shift salad. With the almond ginger flavours infused its just enough to get the spices tingling in your mouth. You can use any ingredients you want and prepare the noodles in so many possible ways. And not to mention its nutritional excellence!
Time needed: 10 mins
2 cups Kelp Noodles
2 tsp (full) almond butter, creamy
A dash of olive oil
1 tbs ginger powder
1 tsp miso paste
4 tbs water, ( add more if you want)
Salt and pepper according to taste
1/2 lemon, juiced ( or a sprinkle of vinegar)
1/4 red pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 tsp pine nuts ( garnish)
1. Soak the kelp noodles in water.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl or glass, put the water, miso paste, ginger, almond butter, lemon juice and olive oil together. Combine well.
3. Taste test and season accordingly.
4. Drain the kelp noodles and place on a plate, arrange the red and green peppers ontop, and pour the almond sauce over.
5. Garnish with some ground almonds and pine nuts.