This little fiesta of seafood flavours happen as a spontaneous combination of my available ingredients. I found some lovely succulent shrimp and ended up making this deliciously satisfying dish that’s something between a soup and stir fry, with all the deliciously added benefits of both. I’ve been an advocate of sautéing almost everything for a while now. Its to the point that I find myself sautéing onions as a basis to most dishes, the flavours are just amazingly fragrant this way. So this recipe was no exception. I commenced with chopped up onions and progressed into the recipe from there. Bare in mind that this is completely adjustable to anyone’s tastes and preferences, I don’t like to keep the kitchen a restrained area, always cook with an open mind ( and stomach) to get the dish you’re subconsciously craving!
But here are my guidlines to getting the dish that I have some to loving and remaking.
1-2 cups spring greens , shredded
1 cup broccoli florets
1 carrot, long thin strips ( or to preference)
1 garlic, chopped
2 cups shrimps ( 1 used pre cooked shrimp)
1-2 cups broth as desired , ( or 1 tbs vegetable bouillon in 1-2 cups water)
2 cups rice noodles (optional)
1. In a pot sauté the garlic for 1 minute then add the shrimp. Sauté for a couple more minutes, but do not let shrimp fully brown!
2. Add the vegetables and continue to stir for a minute.
3. Pour the vegetable broth into the pot and allow to simmer on medium heat. Stir in the salt, pepper and any additional seasoning you may require.
4. Once you can put a fork through the broccoli ( approx. 5 minutes cooking time) then the dish is ready to be served!
5. Add a few drops of lemon juice for a touch of zest to your seafood dish and you are ready to go!