A simple spin off for the stuffed zucchini ( or Courgette) recipe. Very versatile yet simple to create. There is nothign better than an easy recipe that gets your guests buzzing for more, have a go!
Time needed: 45mins
3 cups rice, cooked ( I used long grain rice)
400g lamb, minced ( beef will also work)
3-4 zucchini (courgette) medium sized
2 carrots, grated
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp vegetable powder (GF)
1 cup water
5 tbs vegetable oil
Preheat Oven to 180C
1. Wash, peel and cut the zucchini into half width wise, then again length wise.
2. Using a spoon, carve into the zucchini to create a ‘boat’ like shape.
3. In a large pot or wok, put 2 tbs oil, place the meat into the pot. Add the pepper, salt first and after a few mins the vegetable powder as well.
4. Pour the cup of water to the minced meat, and let it cook, this will soften the meat.
5. Let the meat cook for 10-15 mins until well done.
6. Once the meat is done, add the rice, and carrots and the carvings of the zucchini. Stir well
7. Allow to cook on low fire.
8. Meanwhile in another pot of hot water, take the boat zucchini pieces and boil them for a minute. Just to soften them slightly.
9. In a baking dish spread some oil.
10. Then place them onto onto a baking dish, and put the rice filling onto the zucchini boats, ensuring not to spill the filling.
11. place a few tablespoons of water around the dish to keep it moist.
12. Place the dish into the oven and let it cook for 20mins or untill filling begins to brown slightly.
13. Remove when done and serve with your choice of side dish!
This dish can be altered to your taste in so many ways its a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
Check out the side dish recipes available on Cooking Intolerance for some great ideas!