My winter favourite, this dish is a great way of combining vegetables from your pantry and creating a stew-like casserole meal. Its great if you’re cooking in advance and want to freeze for later!
Time needed: 45 mins
3 tbs vegetable oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
500g broad beans
1 cup carrots, diced
300g white turkey meat (Chicken works aswell)
1tsp vegetable powder (GF)
1/4 cup tomato juice
3 cups water ( you may add more if needed)
This is how its done:
1. Chop the onion and place into a medium size pot( large works as well). Add the oil and sauté for a few minutes until onions begin to brown.
2. Add the diced turkey meat to the onions, add the salt, pepper, vegetable powder, and pour 1 cup water. Let it cook for around 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
2. In the meantime, wash the broad beans and carrots. Cutting the broad beans into 1 inch pieces and the carrots into thin circles.
3. Once the 15 mins is up, place the broad beans and carrots in the pot.
4. Add the remaining 2 cups of water, adding more if needed to ensure the ingredients are soaked in the water.
5. Cook on a low fire for about 30 mins. Stir occasionally.
6. towards the end of the 30 mins, add the tomato juice and stir. The resulting dish should look like a stew.
You may serve this dish on its own, or over a bed of rice to absorb the juices. The choice is your, Enjoy!