A detox in disguise, i’ve infused chlorella powder and created this delicious blend of flavours that assist your day to day well-being. Super simple and super healthy, two of my favourite words when it comes to cooking. You’ll be able to whip this non-dairy creamy soup in no time. Vegan by nature, this soup is a great starter and perfect for cooking in advance. Its no secret that we don’t always have the time to cook three full meals a day, i highly support preparing dishes in advance if possible!
Time needed: 30mins
Serving: 2-4 ( depending on water used)
2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup water
1/4 cup rice flour
3 tbs olive oil ( for the cream)
1 tbs olive oil ( for the onions)
1 tbs vegetable bouillon powder
2 tbs Chlorella powder
1 tsp pine nuts, optional
1. In a pot boil the broccoli and carrots together untill softened. This will take approximately 5-8 minutes. Separately, in a pan sautee the onion with a tbs of olive oil until slightly golden (3-4 minutes).
2. Once this is all done drain and allow to cool slighlt before processing it in a blender untill smooth.
3. In another pot pour 3 tbs olive oil and allow to heat up. Then sift the rice flour over it and stir. It will begin to cream.
4. Stir in the milk and continue to do so until a rich and creamy texture is created. Stirring will ensure no lumps are formed.
5. When the creamy texture forms mix in the processed broccoli and carrots along with the water. ( if too thick continue adding water until you get your desired consistency)
6. Mix in the chlorella powder, vegetable boullion powder, salt and pepper according to taste.
Garnish with some pine nuts to get a variation of texture!
Serve hot and Enjoy!