There’s nothing like a nice hearty vegetable stew bursting with flavours to turn your winter days around! An easy recipe, that will fulfill your appetite, its a great choice for a lighter and hassle-free meal. Having an amazing feel-good factor, this soup hits the spot every time! Try it for yourself with the simple steps below.
Time needed: 40 mins
1/2 onion, diced
5 medium potatoes, peeled
3 carrots , chopped
1 large zucchini, chopped
1 cup corn kernels ( I used canned corn)
5 cups water
1 pack ( 2cups) rice noodles ( I used per coked noodles)
2 tsp salt (add according to taste)
1 tsp black pepper
3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs vegetable powder
How to make this dish:
1. Start by cutting up all the vegetables, the potatoes into cubes, zucchini into half circles and the onions into larger slices.
2. In a large pot, put the oil and onions, let it heat up on a medium fire.
3. Add the potato, carrots and zucchini into the pot. Include salt, pepper and vegetable powder.
4. Fry for around 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Pour the water into the pot and let it cook for about 30 minutes. Season more according to taste if needed.
6. Towards the end of the 30 minutes add the corn. Stir well, and add the rice noodles.
7. Let it cook for another minute or so, and remove from fire.
Pour into bowls and enjoy the hearty vegetable stew!
Minimal kitchenware and utensils needed, a great pick me up on one of those ‘off’ days, or just a winter warming meal that keeps the intolerances at bay. This dish can be recreated indefinitely, Enjoy!